Other Highway Officials •
State Roads •
County Roads •
Vilage Roads •
Closing of Schools •
Highway Definitions •
Trash Pick-up •
Putting glass or other injurious substances on highway prohibited.
- No person shall throw or deposit upon any highway any glass bottle, glass, nails, tacks, wire, cans, snow or any other substance likely to injure any peson, animal, or vehicle upon such highway.
- Any person who drops, or permits to be dropped or thrown, upon any highway any destructive or injurious material which interferes with the safe use of the highway shall immediately remove the same or cause it to be removed.
- Any person removing a wrecked or damaged vehicle from a highway shall remove any glass or any other injurious substance dropped upon the highway from such vehicle.
Throwing Refuse on Highways and Adjacent Lands Prohibited
- No person shall throw, dump, deposit or place, or cause to be thrown, dumped, deposited or placed upon any highway, or within the limits of the right of way of such highway, or upon private lands adjacent thereto, any refuse, trash, garbage, rubbish, litter or any nauseous or offensive matter.
- Littering relative to any sections mentioned is subject to a civil penalty enforceable and collectible by the town in the amount not to exceed one thousand dollars ($1000.00).