Other Highway Officials •
State Roads •
County Roads •
Vilage Roads •
Closing of Schools •
Highway Definitions •
Trash Pick-up •
Trash and Debris Pick Up
Our regulations and schedules for trash are as follows:
Trash & Debris Pickup Applies To Outside Village Residential Properties Only.
Trash & Debris Pickup Does Not Apply To Commercial/Vacant Properties.
Residents Must Comply With The Regulations.
Violation Notices Will Be Issued To All Residents Who Fail To Comply With The Regualtions. Trash & Debris Not In Compliance With The Regulations - Will Not Be Picked Up.
Placing Trash & Debris At Roadside 10 Days Prior To Each Start Date Is A Violation Of Town Law, Subject To Penalites & Fines.
Importing/Exporting Trash & Debris, Without Prior Town Permission, Is A Violation Of Town Law, Subject To Penalties & Fines.
Residents are encouraged to report any violations to
Frankfort Town Police 894-3594 or the Codes Department 894-0922
|1. Green Waste/Compostables|
|2. Household Trash|
|3. White Goods/Major Appliances|
|5. Construction Demolition & Debris|
|Group||1. Green Waste/Compostables||May, September, November|
- Grass, leaves, garden debris - use clear plastic bags
- Cutting from shrubs, hedges, bushes, tress
- Branches/tree limbs - 4 ft. lenght/under 12 inch diameter Limit :2 piles - each : 20' wide x 5' high x 4' deep
- No mixing grass, leaves and trimmings with brush and limbs
|Group||2. Household Trash||May, September|
- Furniture, furnishings, rugs, mattresses, toys, tools, clothing (Do Not include household garbage)
- Paint cans/tar buckets - water or oil base
- Covers must be removed, cans empty or contents hardened
- No liquid contents will be accepted
|Group||3. White Goods/Major Appliances||May, September|
- Stove, refrigerator, washer, dryer, hot water tank
|Group||4. Metals||May, September|
- Pipes, rims, flashing, steel, aluminum, etc.
|Group||5. Construction Demolition & Debris (C & D)**||May, September|
- Select construction & demolition debris (C & D): Recognizable uncontaminated concrete, asphalt pavement, brick, soil, or stone.
- Mixed construction & demolition debris (C & D): Uncontaminated solid waste resulting from the construction, remodeling, repair and demolition of structures. Includes: wood, wall coverings, plaster, drywall, plumbing fixtures, non-asbestos insulation, roofing, shingles, window panes, vinyl siding, aluminum siding, and metals incidental to any of the above (door knobs, hinges, latches, etc.), tree stumps/root balls
**Limit C & D: 8 ft. wide x 4 ft. high x 4 ft. deep**
- Groups must be separated (2 ft. min.) and placed within 15 feet of roadside.
- Do not place in roadside ditches, nor adjacent to utility poles/signs/fences.
- Place branches/tree limbs parallel to road.
- Metal, plastic, wooden containers will be left at roadside.
- The following items will not be picked up:
- Household garbage, recyclables, tires, batteries, hazardous materials, and all electronics.
- Importing/Exporting solid waste, without prior town permission, is a violation of Town Law, subject to penalties and fines.
- Placing of trash and debris at roadside 10 days prior to each start date is a violation of Town Law, subject to penalties and fines.
Starting 2015: Residents must dispose of any/all Electronics at their own expense, and are advised to contact hauler for more information.
Your Trash Will Be Picked Up If You Follow Regulations